- Do at least one beady thing today that gives you pleasure
- Limit the time you spend on the computer and/or texting, etc. as it is a major way in which time can be lost in current times
- ‘Edit’ and declutter your workspace so that it is not full of the unnecessary and the impossible - just spend 15 mins on it a day and celebrate what you achieve, knowing you'll do more tomorrow.
- Choose to do one beady thing today that you have been putting off for a while
- Create beading routines that allow you do to some beading you love every day
- Single task your beadwork, rather than multi-task – it’s less stressful
- Create a strategy for dealing with UFOs.
Monday, October 18, 2010
Creating productive time for beading: how do you find it?
I decided to catch up with email reading today – reading emails I hadn’t had time to read last week. Ironically, several of them were about how to find time to do what you like to do! Beading is not everything in my life but finding some more time for seems a challenge. Etsy’s emails for online shop owners are full of advice on how to create time to move through the things that make for a successful online shop, The Beading Gem’s Journal listed 10 tips on finding time to bead and a piece on simplifying your life so you can do what you want to do appeared in my ‘junk’ mail folder. An omen??? Mind you distilling all this time-saving advice took quite some time! Here’s what made most sense to me in my efforts to have a regular, productive and calm space to bead: